Image via Wikipedia
Resource for Activity 5.1 - All About Bugs
Resources for Activity 6.3 - Learn to Draw a Butterfly
Resource for Unit Seven Main Text
Resource For Unit Eight Main Text
Resources For Activity 9.2
Learn how to draw a ladybug.
Resource For Activity 10.1
Go play some more bug games!
Go here to learn more about the different patterns on butterfly wings.
Find out what it takes to become an entomologist!
Resource For Unit Eleven Main Text
Honeybee Life Cycle
How Bees Make Honey
Resource For Activity 15.1
Resource For Activity 17.1
If you’ve never had the chance to make a lantern out of lightning bugs the go watch these YouTube video and pretend you did it!
Resource For Activity 17.3
Tour De Turtle - http://www.tourdeturtles.org/alt-index.html
Resource For Activity 18.2
Resources For FINAL PROJECTS!
1. Raise ants on an Ant Farm. Watch them make tunnels and carry the sand around as they create their colony.
2. Raise a Butterfly Garden and watch your caterpillars make a cocoon and turn into butterflies!
3.Raise the darkling beetle in the Beetle Barn and watch as they develop from larvae to pupae to adult.
4. Raise some ladybugs in the ladybug Land kit! Watch as live ladybug larvae grow, then attach themselves to the dome of the habitat and turn into pupae. Five days later, they emerge as red-and-black-spotted adult ladybugs!
5. Make a diorama of a bug in their natural habitat.
All kits can be purchased here:
6. Make a poster about bugs. Choose one that you raised, or just one you find interesting. Print out some pictures from the internet and paste them onto a poster board.
Try to include several interesting and scientific facts like:
After you gather all your facts type your answers up on the computer and print them out. Arrange your answers on the poster board to make it look interesting. You could even make a video of yourself talking about your poster.
We use these affordable units as extras when we want to study something in depth or when my son (6) develops an interest in a particular subject. We love science and nature, so we
Fantastic resource. A totally captivating interactive unit, that has captivated the minds of my two sons aged ten and seven respectively . Than you so much for making these resourc
I found Simple Schooling while searching for a forensic science curriculum for my high schooler. I am looking forward to using several of their units next year for school.
i have just found this sight and my girls love the unit studies. i have them on your their ipads and they love looking thru them. and such a great price :)
It has not changed my homeschool yet but the interactive courses would change it dramatically. I like the idea of unit studies however my 8 year old daughter does not read well. I
Learn more about The Simple Homeschool and the Simple Schooling Classroom.
Have questions and need a personalized answer? Please feel free to contact us.
Looking to advertise at the Simple Schooling Classroom or The Simple Homeschool?
Have a question and want an immediate answer? Browse our list of FAQ's for fast results.